Saturday, October 1, 2016

Be the difference


This week while reading The Ministry of Business by Steven A Hitz with James W. Ritchie I read the chapter titled “The Formula and Happiness”.  The formula Ritchie discusses is a Formula for Success.  He lists six things that he feels are necessary to achieve success.  The step that stood out to me most was the last that is: Get prepared to be of service. 

                I had heard something similar when reading Dave Ramsey’s steps to financial freedom.  His final step is similar: “Build Wealth and Give!”  However, Ritchie’s service differed from Ramsey’s because the focus is on the giving of non-monetary items such as time and service.

                Ritchie was able to serve in the LDS Church in many locations and all of it was voluntary.  He was able to build a financial reserve trough his tried and true method where he and his wife were able to give of themselves and also provide for themselves while giving 100% of their time in the service of others.

                I look forward to being able to reach that point someday where I can comfortable serve my fellow man and do it more than every once in a while.  Where I can feel the joy that comes with knowing that I am making a difference in someone’s life.  I already serve when I can, but a full-time opportunity would be a very valued experience.  May we all seek those small moments of service and look forward to marvelous opportunities of making a difference every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment