Saturday, November 5, 2016

Good Things to Come


It is amazing how our Heavenly Father does work in mysterious ways.  Answers to life’s troubles are answered in the most unexpected ways.  A battle has begun in my home, and the things that I hold most sacred are being tested.  What I once felt as a place of comfort and refuge has become a place of distress and pain.  I want to run away from it all and not even consider looking back.  How can something that felt so right feel like it is turning against you?

This week as I watched and listened to Elder Hollands talks titled, However Long and Hard the Road & Good Things to Come, reminded me of the battle that those before me have suffered through in faith, and that there are those living today that are fighting their own battles.  The emotional end to Elder Hollands short clip touched me in a way that was necessary.  “Don’t you quit, you keep trying.  There is help and happiness ahead.  Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until Heaven.  It will be alright in the end.  Trust God, and believe in good things to come”

Sometimes not having control of things that happen in my life, bring me great dismay.  Faithful children of God will see the blessings rise above the dust of earthly trials. 

May we always have the strength and faith to keep trusting in God and believing that good things will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment